Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Week Nineteen: The Avengers Movie

Yeah, I didn't need a lot of forethought to plan this one.  I really wanted to go see this movie and it was my turn to coordinate an evening for P52. I asked my mom to stop by and watch the kids after I got home from work, so that's all it really took.

I checked the movie times beforehand, and there were plenty of showings at several different theaters.  So, whether we had a long or a short dinner, we were covered.  In times past, we've gotten stuck waiting for a movie or seeing something we had no expectations, so checking movie times is something I try to do if I know we may be seeing something.

We had a nice little dinner at Olive Garden before the movie.  I hadn't been there in a long time and since I had a gift card unspent from my birthday, it made the most sense. Food was better than I remembered and we both had enough leftovers for lunch the next day. Bonus!

The movie was all that I expected and Amy enjoyed it as well. All in all, a fun and carefree evening!

Things I Learned:
  • Dinner and a movie is a tried and true date night, so there is no really reason to avoid it, from time to time.

  • Action movies, even when featuring superheroes, have the highest likelihood to appeal to both sexes.

No comments:

Post a Comment